Saturday, January 15, 2011

Squats, squats, squats...and CrossFit Clayton

Since I maxed out yesterday and squats, press, and deadlift I was a little hesitant to try and max out again today.  My initial plan was to do front squats, snatch, and clean&jerks....but after taking a little longer to get to LFF than I planned I decided I would just do front squats.  I had no idea how it would go...


Front Squats
135x5
155x2
155x2
185x1
225xFAIL
225x1
240x1 (PR)

Ended up going better than expected.  Legs/lower back were def. feeling my efforts from yesterday, but I managed to pull out a PR.  Immediately following, I headed to CrossFit Clayton for a WOD and to visit my friends Matt and Austin.


CrossFit Clayton WOD:
3 Rounds:
21 Power Snatch, 95lb
50 Squats

10min 44sec

This sucked after all the heavy squatting yesterday and today.  I managed to do all P.Snatches in a row on first set...and then aimed to break them up into 7's on the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  The air squats came in 2's, 3's, 5's....they sucked....but I toughed it out.  All in all it was a great time and I'll def. be back to do some WODS with Matt and Austin.

locking out

No comments:

Post a Comment