Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Today marks the beginning of 2011 and the start of a 30 Day Paleo Challenge.  For the next 30 days, this blog will keep track of what I eat, what I lift, and whatever else I'd like to share.  I can do whatever I want.

Today's WOD was a partner workout @ CrossFit Durham.  I teamed with Paul to complete the following:

1200m run
50 Power Cleans, 135lb
100 Pull-Ups
200 Abmat Sit-Ups
1200m run

Total time: 20min 31sec

Paul and I discussed our strategy before starting the WOD.  He ran the entire first 1200m and then I completed all 50 Power Cleans.  After the Cleans we split the pull-ups and sit-ups between the two of us (he did way more sit-ups).  Paul ran 800m and then "let me" run the last 400m.  It actually took me a second to recover from this one....I haven't felt like throwing up after a WOD in a long time.

Post Workout Meal: (YES I'm doing sweet potatoes and protein powder)

Meal 1
Shake w/ coconut milk, pineapple, strawberries, and protein powder
pork tenderloin w/ some guac
mashed sweet potato

Meal 2
6 eggs w/ salsa and guac
spoonful of almond butter

Meal 3
Tribecca restaurant for dinner...
probably a bun-less grass-fed burger and a side salad

Current obsession of the day...Jersey Shore...and yes, I realize I'm like 2 years late to the party.

Tomorrow I'll post my 2011 goals and the WODs that I make my Ultimate Conditioning class do.

No comments:

Post a Comment