Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mobility and Potato Chips

Today was a boring off day, so go ahead and stop reading now (Paul).

I did a lot of mobility work to loosen up my entire body.  My hamstrings are MUCH better now and my hip has finally stopped hurting.  I did some work on my upper body as well because I've been having issues with my left shoulder again.

Tomorrow is the CF Total (squat, press, deadlift).  I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze in front squat or if I should just skip maxing out on it as I've been pretty slack in training it for the past month (due to back issues).

Here's a fun quick recipe if you have a (paleo) hankering for chips...yes, I just said hankering.

1) Get a medium sized sweet potato and slice it as thinly as possible.  I just recently bought a $12 mandolin from Harris Teeter (not the instrument) and it worked great.
2) Toss the chips in olive oil and add whatever seasonings you like.
3) Place on baking sheet (use tin foil) and spread out as much as possible.  Try to avoid any overlapping.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, before flipping and baking for another 10 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
6) Bring them to me (optional)

mmmm....bet ya can't eat just one!

*For anyone trying to lose weight, be careful with the amount you make and eat.  Track the calories and/or just have them on a workout day (as close to the workout as possible).

This week seems to be dragging on...it feels like it should be Friday.  Anyway, Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment