Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Muscle Up, Up, and Away

I've been feeling strong lately.  Like super freakin' fantastic awesome strong.  I thank paleo for that and I will NOT be going back to my old eating habit anytime soon.  I will introduce a cheat meal+dessert on Saturdays, however, but only after thoroughly running myself into the ground first.

Paul came to the 11:30 class today (dog troubles, I'm told) and did the WOD.  He was his normal charming self...I only cried once.

Today's strength was sort of a "recovery day"...

Front Squat (heavy single)
135x1
165x1
185x1
205x1
215x1
230x1

Power Snatch
95x3
115x2
115x2
135x2
135x2

Power C&J
135x2
155x2
155x2

I was planning on doing a Muscle-Up WOD today and then saw that Spencer Hendel (CF Charlotte/games competitor) had posted one on his facebook status with MU's in it....so I did that one instead.

3 Rounds: 
30 Double Unders
7 Muscle Ups*
35 Push Presses (45# dumbbells) 
..........
*For every MU you get without coming off the rings, subtract 5 PP.  
So, for example, on the first round, you get all 7 MU straight, you don't have to do any PP. Round two, you get 4 and come off, you have to finish the MU, then do 15 PP.


Time:  7:48

I had no choice but to use 40lb dumbbells, which made this WOD slightly more bearable.  Remember how I mentioned I felt strong?  I was able to split the Muscle-Ups into 5 and 2 every round, which means I only had to do 10 push press.  That's the most I've ever been able to do in succession...in the middle of a WOD.  *Self-pat on the back*

Also, Paul Potorti is a very kind old lady.  He gave me a paleo-kit and a chocolate milk after the workout.



1 comment:

  1. Paleo is indeed the best thing ever :) I just finished up Whole30 (guessing you did too?) and had a little chocolate and some feta in my salad, but seriously didn't want any non-paleo foods other than that. Coconut butter FTW!

    Wait...you had a paleo-kit AND chocolate milk? Aren't those like polar opposites?

    Someday I will have numbers like that...just wait and see...

    ReplyDelete