Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10 Minutes to Save the World...

10 minutes...600 seconds...it doesn't seem that long.  More on that later.

My legs were pretty stiff today.  Not one of those I-can't-walk-down-the-stairs feelings, but the now-that-I'm-trying-to-squat-I-can-tell-my-legs-hurt feeling.  I foam rolled my glutes and stretched out for a bit before I started my workout.  I normally try to work up to a heavy front squat single, but today decided to stop short due to my legs and lower back still feeling awkward from Sunday (super cushy couch = bad for backs).

Front Squat
up to 185x1

Power Snatch
75x3
95x3
105x2
115x2
135x2x3

Power C&J
135x2
165x2x3



10 min. MAX Muscle-Ups
40 total reps (30 @ 6:43 - 2min PR)

My. Shoulders. Are. Fried.  My strategy going into the 10 minutes was to try and hit 5 muscle-ups every min/on the min.  That would have successfully landed me 50 reps in the allotted time.  10 minutes didn't seem that long at the start and it actually went well initially. I think I managed to maintain that for the first 4 minutes (20 reps), but then missed number 5 on minute 5.  After that it was a struggle to string more than 2-3 together at a time.  My plan fell apart and I ended up just doing as many as I could, when I could muster the strength.  In any event, I hit a 30 muscle-up PR so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment