Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reporting In

It's been awhile since I posted because I've been extremely busy.  I'm going to try and update the past few days.

USAW Lv 1 Sports Performance Coach Certification
This cert. was by far the BEST coaching course I have ever taken.  Right away, Glenn told us that he was going to skim through the book so we could go straight to hands-on coaching.  We spent the first day reviewing and going over progressions for the snatch.  Since this is arguably the hardest lift to master/coach we ended up running over and having to finish on Saturday.  We also went over Jerk and Clean progressions (separately) and power assistance exercises.  Overall, the weekend was awesome.  I met some great people and had a lot of fun learning how to be a better coach.


Monday after the cert. I really wanted to work on some Olympic Lifting.  I abandoned my CrossFit stuff for the day and instead focused on the Snatch.  I used the progressions as my warm-up and then attempted to max out.  The session went like this:

Snatch Progressions (OH Squat, Snatch Balance, High Hang Snatch, Above/Below Knee Snatch)

Snatch
75x3
95x1/1
115x1/1
135x1/1/1
145x1
155xF
155xF
160xF
165xF
165x1 (7.5lb PR)

Back Squat
225x3x3



Today I decided to work on the Clean&Jerk.  I went through similar progressions as I used for the Snatch.

C&J
75 - singles
95 - singles
115 - singles
135x1
155x1
155x1
185x1
215xF
215xF
215xF
215x1 (10lb PR)

There's something to be said for persistence!  I knew the biggest thing holding me back on this lift was my brain.  Once I finally talked myself into proper set-up and execution it went up nicely...notice I didn't say easily.

CFNE WOD

12-9-6-3
Front Squat, 135lb
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
Handstand Push-Ups
7m 51s

By far the hardest thing about this WOD was the HSPU.  I need to get better at bodyweight gymnastics stuff (pistols, HSPU) if I stand any chance at sectionals....ugh

10 min Ladder
1 Power Clean, 155lb
1 Muscle-Up
2 PC
2 MU
etc.




6 Rounds + 3 PC

Legs are spent from the past 4 days.  I don't think I'm going to do a double today....

No comments:

Post a Comment