Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pendlay Day 1 & 2, plus some other stuff

I made the comment last week on Ashley's facebook that I would not be starting an olympic lifting program anytime soon. Naturally, me being me, I started an olympic lifting program this week...


Monday

I went to CFD to work on some skills. I decided to focus on pistols and parallette handstand push-ups.

The WOD for the day was supposed to be the following:

5 Rounds
5 Ground to Overhead, 135
10 KB swings, 52lb

Due to everyone's need to go heavy, it was increased to 155/70 respectively.

This WOD took me around 7:24 to complete...I felt super weak.


I then decided to stay after and do another WOD with Ashley. She really wanted to do Overheads Squats and I wanted to do pullups. We made a sort of "Overhead Fran" out of it and did the following:

21-15-9
OH Squat, 95/65
Pull-Ups

Time: 4:08 (Ashley beat me by 4sec)



Tuesday I lifted at Lifestyle and began day 1 of Pendlay's Beginner Template.

Warmed up with some mobility, snatch balance, overhead squats, and high hang snatches

Snatch 10x1 @125lb (missed 1)

Clean Pull + Hang Clean (2+1) x 5 @ 125lb

Push Press 3x5 @ 115lb

Back Squat 3x5 @ 175lb


Wednesday I returned to CFD to take on the second Open WOD with Ashley. We had discussed going about 85% to get a feel for the workout and that's just what we did. Prior to starting the WOD I showed Ashley some mobility drills for her funky ankles.

WOD 2

AMRAP 15
9 DL, 155lb
12 Hand Release Push-Ups
15 Box Jumps, 24"

Ended with 9 rounds + 2 Deadlifts

My goal for Saturday is to get in the double digits...hopefully in excess of 12 rounds. I need to go fast through the Deads and push-ups and stay consistent with the box jumps.

Finally Thursday!

Lifted at Lifestyle again today.

Snatch Pull + Hang Snatch (2+1) x 5 @ 115lb

Clean & Jerk 10x1 @ 165lb (only did 8 sets, missed 8th jerk)

Front Squats 3x3 @ 135lb


So there you have it. I really hated taking the time to type that all out...I should probably update more frequently....Probably. We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment