Monday, March 14, 2011

ABC...even if that means DUKE

Anybody But Carolina....even if that means DUKE.  I would have preferred the dome just collapse on both teams, but no dice.

Dave decided to program the final WOD from the 2009 Carolina Fitness Challenge today in honor of Duke. Yay.  I decided to partake after doing the strength portion of CFNE's WOD today.

Hang Squat Snatch 1RM
worked up to 135x1
missed 145

Blue Devil
125 Double Unders
100 Air Squats
75 KB Swings, 52lb
50 Burpees
25 Squat Thrusters, 115lb

Double Unders....these could always be faster.  I ordered a new cable (1.8 vs my current 2.4) in hopes that I'll get less shoulder burnout, which is usually the issue I run in to.  Air Squats were slow and steady...KB Swings were broken into 45-15-15...burpees were pretty consistent....and slow...Squat Thrusters were brutal.  Usually in sets of 2...or 1.  I just couldn't manage to get in a rhythm with them today.  I believe I started the Squat Thrusters around 13 min...

Time: 17:08

OH, and the first Games Open WOD gets posted.....TOMORROW....shit!

1 comment:

  1. Next time I see you I will get all up in your grill and sing the Carolina fight song. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete