Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Past Two Days

Officially registered for the 2011 CrossFit Games Open yesterday.  I'm hoping to make it to Regionals as an individual or on a team...I'd be happy either way.  Next year I plan to be 100% ready to go the individual route.


I had planned on doing CFNE's programming yesterday, but pistols were part of the WOD and it is something I never seem to find the time to work on.

So instead:

skill work:  Dynamic Pistols - 3 sets of 12 (alternating legs)

A dynamic pistol goes like this: Squat down as slowly as you can on one leg.  At the bottom of your ROM, roll back and press your feet up towards the ceiling.  Use the momentum to roll forward and back up to standing on one leg (there was a mainsite video recently).  This went really well and I plan to practice these 2-3 times a week.

I then did some weighted Pull-Ups and then joined CFD for their WOD

3 Rounds
400m Run
15 Squat Snatches, 75lb
9 HSPU

13:06


Tuesday PM

Olympic lifting....worked on snatch balance as a warm-up and then snatches and cleans


Today (Wednesday)

CFNE Game Day 5

3 rounds
10 Squat Thrusters, 115lb
300m row
7:12

then:

worked on DB Push Press - 40lb for 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment