Sunday, March 6, 2011

Globo Rings

It seems these days I'm lucky to update this thing every other day or so.  It's really turned into more of a workout journal than an actual blog.  I'm sure it will get more interesting when the CrossFit Opens start and I have some stuff to talk about.  On that note, the title of this post...we finally have rings up at LFF now!  Thanks to Eric for approving it and Andy for getting them up.  Now I don't have to stress if I need to do MUs and can't make it to CFD.

I had a 10am client today so I decided I would go to LFF at 8am (since I was up anyway) and get my workout in.  I did the CFNE wod and then decided to do the mainpage one as well since tomorrow is a rest day.

CFNE

3 Rounds
Row 500m
Run 400m
3 min rest

Running after rowing...evil.  My legs almost collapsed right out of the gate.

By round, it went 3:31, 3:38, and 3:42.

Bench Press 5-4-3-2-1-1-1

185x5
195x4
205x3
215x2
225x1
230x1
235x1

I wasn't really sure exactly what was expected out of this rep scheme so I just worked up to a manageable weight for each rep range.  It's probably been a good 2 months since I've done bench press, so I didn't know what to expect.


Mainpage WOD

4 rounds
7 Muscle-Ups
15 Deadlifts, 225lb
30 Walking Lunges

Just wasn't feeling this workout at the beginning.  I slowly made my through the first 2 rounds and then actually decided to push it a littler harder.  Needless to say it was already too late into the damn thing to get a good time, but I go the work done.


16:08

It was a little harder than I thought...due to attempting the 7's yesterday.  I say attempting because I only had time to make it through 5 of the 7 rounds before having to stop and teach a class.

For those of you that don't know, here's the 7's:

7 Rounds
7 Handstand Pushups
7 Squat Thrusters, 135lb
7 Knees-to-Elbows
7 Deadlift, 245lb
7 Burpees
7 KB Swings, 70lb
7 Pull-Ups

I made it through the 5 rounds in 25:11

No comments:

Post a Comment