Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chrondro whaaaaaaaaat

[Lift.]
I went to my ortho dude on Tuesday this week to have him check out my knee. As of late (read: past 2-3 months) I have this sensation of pressure coming up out of squats...on anything related to squatting. The Ortho told me he thinks it is Patellofemoral Chrondromalacia (which is essentially a scratch on the underside of my kneecap). This makes anything that requires a deep knee bend, including walking down or up stairs, a challenge as there is usually pain. Step 1 is drugs. Lots of drugs. I also need to improve the muscle balance of my legs to allow proper tracking of my patella....which could mean isolation shit mixed in with my normal WODing.

I did manage to do the following workout today, with minimal discomfort (and only on the very first round of 21 squats)

21-15-9
Bodyweight Back Squats (a fat 175lb)
Power Cleans, 155lb
Pull-Ups
Double Unders (100/75/50 by round)

23:03

I just couldn’t get my double unders going today and had to break the cleans up as doubles and occasionally singles.


[Eat.Live.]

I ate way too much crap this past weekend. The highlight of the weekend, however, was the 5lb burrito I ate at Bandidos. I have never wanted to die from the over-consumption of food as much as I did when trying to eat the whole damn thing....and I did...eat the whole thing, that is. The first half was delicious...the second half tasted like salt...and sour cream.


Tiny arm....or big ass burrito!


No comments:

Post a Comment