Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chugging on

[Lift]

No. This is not about beer.

My knee has been giving me problems for the past 2-3 months and I am finally going to have it looked at on Tuesday at my Orthopaedic. There's pressure when I come up out of the bottom of my squats. Stretching/rolling my calves and hamstrings (and IT band, adductors, and quad) seems to relieve the issue. I've also been having issues when running with my right hip. Resident CrossFit Durham PT Jay De'Awesomeone thinks it's because my hamstring on that leg is extremely weak...like Paul Potorti weak (scary). I'm doing isolation (cringe) work on both legs in hopes to bring up lagging muscle groups.


Fun to note. I recently got a Split Jerk PR @ 225lbs. We had a metcon to do after so I didn't keep working, although I feel like I could have gone much heavier. My form on the 225 was MUCH better than any of the previous sets.


Today's WOD was awful and fun at CFD...it was supposed to be a group WOD (3 people), but I scaled it for me and based on how my knee was feeling.


I did:


50 Hang Squat Cleans, 135lb
100 Pull-Ups
200 Double Unders

The HSC were very difficult. They took me 10 min just on their own. Pull-ups were okay. I knocked out 20 right away and then struggled to hit 10 each time after that. Double Unders were hit and miss as they often are at the end of a WOD.

Total time was 22:41


I'm going to try and update this more frequently (2-3 times a week...maybe just once).


[Eat.Live}

Tonight I will attempt to eat "El Gigante" Burrito at Bandidos in Durham. A Mr. Jack Wiggen believes it's no big deal, which makes me want to try for 2 burritos (about 4-5lbs each). I'll update on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment