Saturday, April 23, 2011

Goat WOD

A Goat in CrossFit is essentially the stuff you don't want to pop up out of the hopper..the stuff you dread..usually because you suck at it or in my case because I suck at and don't practice it. This will not happen again next year.

Today was CF WOD 11.5 (or #5 for some of you hipsters).

AMRAP 20min
5 Power Cleans, 145lb
10 Toes 2 Bar
15 Wall Ball

I have nothing to say about this WOD except that I've been dreading it since it was posted. The only thing I'm good at is the Power cleans, which I did unbroken for all but 1 round. My toes 2 bar were unbroken for the first round and then died out after that. I'm just not efficient at kipping them yet and I never practice. Wall ball is more mental than anything to me. I find myself missing the wall (at proper height) and that DOESN'T count..contrary to what most of the people doing the WOD today thought, until I told Ryan the standard...just in time for the final heat (my heat).

I ended up with 7 rounds and 25 points (just 5 damn wall ball shy of 8 rounds). I already have a super secret periodized program that I'm dying to start as soon as the Open is over this year.

My friend and fellow Lifestyle Family Fitness goer AC, met me at the gym after mobility and I put together a "fun" little AMRAP for us.

AMRAP 10
5 Tire Flips
max reps Power Snatch, 115lb

Tire flips were the time keeper...the other person did as many PSN as possible in the time it took the other to knock out 5 tire flips. I finished somewhere around 34 and AC hit 40...but he started first :)

My lower back and hamstrings are done.


I really have nothing else to say, except sorry if this lacked my usual wit and humor...it gets tiring, just like Paul Potorti, who may or may not still be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment